The Penn State University Sheild
open the search bar
Open the menu
  • student band
  • student sculpting
  • student painting
  • students in dance class
  • student playing guitar
  • Student working
  • student reading
  • Student talking
  • dancing student
  • student reading music
  • student jumping in dance
  • visual arts student
  • student studying
  • students doing stuff
  • Students in New York
  • Architecture Camp
  • students hanging out.
  • student painting

International Programs

The study of visual arts, performing arts and built environments is inherently intercultural and international. For that reason, the College of Arts and Architecture is committed to international education. The College offers an International Arts Minor and encourages students to study abroad.

Members of the arts and architecture faculty demonstrate the importance of an international perspective when studying the arts. Historians in the college travel abroad to conduct their research and to present their findings. Visual artists create and exhibit their work in other countries. Performance artists seek performance opportunities around the world. Architects and landscape architects conduct research and serve as consultants in many different countries.

International Arts Minor

Study Abroad

Study Abroad Programs by Major


For more information contact:   Randy Ploog,  865-7317,

Or visit the University Office of Global Programs web site: