The Office of Digital Learning provides support for the design and development of online courses and programs, the informed incorporation of technology in teaching and learning, and curricular exploration and experimentation. The team works with the administration and academic departments within the college to facilitate quality learning experiences for our students. The office includes the following domain areas: 1) Supporting growth of the college's online portfolio of programs and courses; 2) Coordinating educational innovation and curricula development; 3) Producing digital media for teaching, learning, and research.
The mission of the office is to assist the college in moving toward the stated goals of the strategic plan: creating transformative experiences for students, engaging communities through curricula, and leading in technology in the arts and design disciplines.
The Office of Digital Learning
- Designs and develops high-quality online courses and digitally inflected learning experiences.
- Collaborates with academic departments to identify, shepherd, and develop new online programs.
- Provides support and leadership for exploration and experimentation with new models of education, as well as project coordination of strategically imperative curricular efforts.
- Supports faculty development in effective online teaching approaches and uses of technology in teaching and learning.
- Produces high-quality digital media to enrich online learning experiences and to capture the rich research activity within the college.