The Penn State University Sheild
open the search bar
Open the menu

College Facilities and Safety

The Facility Coordinator and Safety Officer for Arts and Architecture is:

Katie Rountree -
124B Borland Building
814-863-5733 or 814-777-6226

Facility and Safety Support:

Gwen Miller -
124 Borland Building


Our college occupies space in fifteen buildings on the University Park Campus.

Academic Activities - Emergency Evacuation Plan Arts Cottage - Emergency Evacuation Plan Blue Band Building - Emergency Evacuation Plan
Borland Building - Emergency Evacuation Plan Downtown Theatre Center - Emergency Evacuation Plan Eisenhower Auditorium - Emergency Evacuation Plan
Music Building I - Emergency Evacuation Plan Music Building II - Emergency Evacuation Plan Palmer Museum of Art - Emergency Evacuation Plan
Patterson Building - Emergency Evacuation Plan Pavilion Theatre - Emergency Evacuation Plan Stuckeman Family Building - Emergency Evacuation Plan
Theatre Building - Emergency Evacuation Plan Visual Arts - Emergency Evacuation Plan Visual Arts Ceramics - Emergency Evacuation Plan


Facilities are maintained by the Office of Physical Plant.  Daytime facility issues should be reported to the administrative department service desk coordinator.  A list of service desk coordinator contacts is available. If there is a facility issue after 5:00PM or on weekends, please call the office of Physical Plant’s Work Reception Center at 814-865-4731.  This Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The College completed a Facilities Master Plan in the Spring of 2011.  You may view the master plan on the website of the Office of Physical Plant by following this link:


Report a safety concern

Creating and maintaining a safe workplace is the responsibility of everyone who works and studies in our buildings.  The University has an extraordinary Office of Environmental Health and Safety who lead a strong program of training and maintaining safe work practices.  Their website may be found at

Chemical handling is required for all faculty, staff and graduate students in areas where chemicals are used.  Our College has a Safety Committee Representative for each area.  Safety concerns should be reported to the Department Representative or to Katie Rountree.  Please see Safety Committee members for contact information.

How to Report an Incident or Injury:

First, seek medical attention!  
911 is always the best and fastest way to seek aid.

             To log on to Broadspire' website go to

   For additional information on Workers Compensation you can visit

  • B)    If the incident or injury is to a student or a person that is not employed by Penn State, the Incident Form is required.  The form can be found at . Please note that if this form is for a Penn State student, the student must sign the form before it is submitted.  A copy of this form must be sent to Katie Rountree at 102 Borland Building.